A ‘winning’ marriage, where both feel happy and fulfilled takes some effort from both husband and wife.
Accepting Jesus has given you an open door to heaven, but has heaven entered your home, your heart and your marriage yet?
This teaching equips spouses with a ‘Game Plan’ from the Word, to tap into the power of the Holy Spirit as He regenerates YOU, your HOME and your intimate married life, bringing NEW LIFE where you have suffered loss or damage in your marrital life.
**** If you are struggling to “Love Again”, then watch “How to love again” HERE.
Living Lesson 12 Homework Project
If you are Married, or engaged to be married to someone, please answer the following questions:
1. When was the first time that you felt “in love” with your spouse/spouse-to-be? Describe what happened.
2. What, specifically, was it that made you go, ‘Aha! This is the one!!” Be specific about what he/she did that made you feel loved, or made you feel that this was the person that you’ve been waiting for.
3. Do you know when your spouse had his/her “moment” when they fell in love with you, or knew that “you were the one”? If yes, describe the moment, and describe, specifically, what is was about you that made him/her feel this way.
4. For the following week, keep a diary of your spouse’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Make a special effort to OBSERVE and NOTICE your spouse’s needs, without making assumptions.
5. Pray every day for you and your partner –
- Pray for the work of the Holy Spirit in your hearts and minds.
- Pray for the anointing and the Kingdom of heaven to fill your hearts and minds
- Pray for God’s will to be done in your hearts and minds, and lives.
- Pray for the kingdom of heaven to be in your home, and in the hearts and minds of your children, as it is in heaven.
- Forgive, if you need to forgive; repent from the beam in your own eye, if you need to do so; and speak a blessing over your partner and your children.
- What is the Lord showing you, or revealing to you about your partner and about your relationship?
- Be still and listen to the Lord, and follow His lead.
If you are unmarried, please answer the following questions:
1. What are your convictions about marriage – for YOU? Would you like to get married? Would you like to remain unmarried?
2. Now, bring you convictions before the Lord and ask Him for His point of view.
- Put everything that was prophesied or said over you in the past, to one side. It’s time to receive fresh bread from the Lord.
- Clear your head and your heart and become still in His presence and sense what the Lord is showing you and saying to you. Write down what you see or hear from your spirit.
Write down any Scripture that the Lord gives you, if He gives you Scripture.
Don’t over-think this. First get into His presence, then hear from God, as you have been taught.
3. If God showed you that there was someone for you, or if you have a deep desire in your heart to be married, then pray every day for you and the person whom God will bring into your life –
- Pray for the work of the Holy Spirit in your (for yourself, as well as the ‘mystery-person’) hearts and minds. Pray for the anointing and the kingdom of heaven to fill your hearts and minds and for God’s will to be done in your lives.
- You may not pray, having in mind the spouse of somebody else, to become betrothed to you. This would be praying in the flesh. Praying in the Spirit, is praying in line with God’s values and His Word.
- Also, try not to desire what someone else has. If you do, then simply give this desire to Jesus and resolve this issue with Him. Ask for ministry from someone whom you trust if you cannot get a handle on this.
What you really want to pray for, is for that special someone who will uniquely be your ‘fit’, and be within the will of God.